What is Family Day Care?
Family Day Care is an approved form of child care that is provided in the family day care educators own home. Family day care educators are early childhood education and care professionals, registered with a family day care service that is responsible for approving, supporting, training and advising its educators.
Family day care operates under the same National Quality Framework (NQF) as other forms of child care; incorporating national regulations, quality and qualification standards, learning frameworks and an assessment and ratings process.
Family day care provides early childhood education and care services for children across Australia.
Parents are eligible to the same Federal Government Child Care Benefit and Child Care Rebate subsidies.
Our educators have been approved by Foundations Family Day Care Service and operate out of their own assessed and approved residence.
Each educator works in partnership with our coordinators with regular visits to monitor the children’s progress and care.
They work with small groups up to 7 children aged 0-12, with a maximum of 4 children under school age.
Their service can offer options including full or part-time care, outside school hour’s care, evening and weekend care.
Foundations Family Day Care Service is an Approved child care service with ACECQA (Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority). We work in partnership with our educators to provide safe, educational and developmentally appropriate outcomes for children.
At Foundations Family Day Care Service, we aim to provide high quality care for children and their families. We are committed to developing and maintaining positive relationships with educators, families and Foundations Family Day Care Service staff. Our coordinators support the highest standard of family day care for children. We talk with each family to discover their child care needs and help them find the right educator and environment for their child. Our educators are monitored and supported by Foundations Family Day Care Service coordination staff. Each educator seeks to maintain a positive friendly atmosphere and aims to provide a ‘home away from home’ environment for each child in their care. Each educator offers an educational program which complies with the National Quality Framework- in particular: The Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and My Time, Our Place (MTOP).
Our Service Staff
You will find our staff at Foundations Family Day Care Service warm and ready to answer you questions. Our staff support the belief that childhood is a unique and critical stage of life. They are dedicated to the care, nurturing and development of children whist providing support and respect to families and educators. Each staff member comes with experience in the childcare industry and have children of their own. Your questions will be addressed with care and respect. Your personal life is kept private and personal. We endeavor to give both families and educators as much support and care as possible.
Our educators seek to maintain a positive, friendly atmosphere and aims to provide a “home away from home” environment for each child within their care. Our educators regularly attend a wide variety of professional development opportunities.
Our educators are required to:
- Hold a current Positive Notice Care (QLD Child Safety Blue Card – P)
- Hold a current Senior First Aid Certificate – including Asthma and Anaphylaxis training
- Pass a Police Check
- Have CPR training (refreshed annually)
- Be professional educators who advocate for Early Childhood Education
As educators work in partnership with your child, their family and the community they will seek to:
- Be passionate, supportive and responsive
- Provide a nurturing “home-like” environment where every child feels a sense of belonging
- Build positive relationships with the children to allow them to develop a sense of independence
- Provide and promote equal opportunities to all the children in their care. No child is to be discriminated against on the grounds of class, gender, race, religion, ability or additional needs
- Provide a safe, hygienic and aesthetically pleasing environment
- Value the uniqueness of each child. No two children are the same, each having individual needs, developing in their own unique ways and at their own pace
- Encourage each child to develop a natural sense of wonder, curiosity and awe about the world around them
- Support the child in developing friendships and make positive social connections
- Recognise that the parents/guardians are the first educators in the child’s life
- Respect, appreciate and celebrate each family’s unique home values and cultural backgrounds
- Be committed to continuous improvement by striving for best quality practice and service for families, children and the community
Inquire now to find out about vacancies in your area.
Visit our Office
Come by our Office and meet our friendly staff, and check out our resource hub.
Office hours: Monday – Friday 9am to 4pm