Why become an educator?
With the changing and ever-increasing childcare needs of Australian working families, family day care services have never been in such demand. Furthermore, with family day care’s inclusion under the National Quality Framework and a growing awareness of the many unique benefits of the service, family day care is fast becoming the option of choice in early childcare education and care.
Combine your passion for children with the opportunity to create a financially rewarding, professional home-based career as an early childhood educator. You will enjoy the flexibility of running your own business with the support and guidance of your approved service (Foundations Family Day Care Service). Each educator is assessed for qualifications and experience. Fees are then set in consultation with the educator along with the days and hours of availability. Educators tailor the educational program for the children based on their individual developmental needs, interests, and experiences.
You can do day-time care, before and after school care, evening care and even weekend care. It’s up to you!
What qualifications or experience do I need?
Becoming an educator with Foundations Family Day Care Service requires you have completed training related to childcare and hold current first aid and CPR certifications. Read about the qualifications and professional requirements by clicking below.
What makes Family Day Care different?
- You will be an approved, early childhood education and care educator, operating out of your own home
- You will work with small groups of up to 7 children, with no more than 4 of them under school age.
- You will work in partnership with Foundations Family Day Care Service and will receive regular visits, support and professional development opportunities.
- As a family day care educator, you can create your own unique learning environment and program plan.
- Your service can offer options including full or part-time care, outside of school hours care, overnight, and weekend care.
How is it similar to other forms of child care?
- Family day care provides early childhood education and care services for children across Australia.
- Family day care operates under the same National Quality Framework (NQF) as other forms of childcare; incorporating national regulations, quality and qualification standards, learning frameworks and assessment and rating process.
- Parents are eligible to the same Federal Government Child Care Benefit and Child Care Rebate subsidies.